Offices Throughout Texas, Including Houston, Galveston & San Antonio. We Will Come to You!

Request Your Free Consultation
Get Started Right Away! Schedule your first consultation with the firm now.
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.
    • The submission of this website form does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Unless a formal relationship has been established in writing, the information presented throughout this site, and any response to this web inquiry, either verbal or in writing, should be considered for informational purposes only, and any information provided to the firm should not be viewed as privileged or confidential.

Passionately Pursuing Justice for the Injured

Houston Industrial Accident FAQ

1. Can I sue my employer for an industrial accident?

Some industrial accidents are entirely the fault of the injured worker, whether through carelessness or recklessness on the jobsite. In many cases, however, the cause of the accident can be attributed to some type of negligence on the part of the employer or a co-worker.

For example, the employer may have failed to provide proper training and drilling in following workplace safety regulations or might not have performed adequate inspection and maintenance of equipment and machinery. When this is the case, the injured worker or the surviving family members may have grounds to sue for personal injury or wrongful death, respectively. Even if the employer is not at fault, it may be possible to file a claim for workers' compensation benefits, provided that the company carries such insurance.

To learn about your options for pursuing compensation, contact us at The Daspit Law Firm for a free case evaluation.

2. Are all employers in Texas required to carry workers' compensation insurance?

In most states in the country, employers are legally required to carry workers' compensation insurance to provide for their employees in the event of an on-the-job accident.

Texas is not one of these states. Workers' compensation is a no-fault system, meaning that the injured worker is not required to demonstrate that the employer was to blame for causing the accident. If your employer carries a workers' compensation policy, we can help you file your claim. If the employer is a nonsubscriber, however, we will have to help you pursue other options for taking legal action.

3. What benefits can I receive through workers' compensation?

Workers' compensation pays medical benefits so that the claimant can receive sufficient treatment to achieve the maximum possible physical recovery. In industrial accident cases, the amount of treatment that may be required is often considerable. In addition, you can receive disability benefits to replace your lost wages. Disability benefits do not provide full wage replacement, though it is important to note that they are not taxable.

4. What types of compensation can I receive in a personal injury claim?

Personal injury and wrongful death claims can provide you with greater compensation than that which is available through workers' compensation. In addition to payment for present and future medical treatment, you can also receive economic damages for your lost income and reduced earning capacity. Furthermore, you can claim noneconomic damages to pay for your pain, suffering, emotional distress, disfigurement, incapacity and loss of enjoyment of life. In this way, you could receive compensation to offset the significant impact of an industrial accident so that you can more easily move forward from this terrible experience.

5. What if I have developed an illness due to hazardous chemical exposure?

Not all industrial accident claims involve catastrophic injuries occurring in tragic incidents. It is also possible to pursue financial compensation for an occupational disease caused by chemical exposure. Many industrial workers in refineries, chemical plants, manufacturing and other sectors are forced to work in the vicinity of, or directly in contact with, hazardous chemicals that can be toxic and highly dangerous to the health of the worker. If you have developed cancer or some other type of serious illness, we may be able to help you pursue a workers' compensation or personal injury claim.

6. What can I do about pressure not to report my injury?

Employers will often attempt to dissuade injured workers from taking action after an accident. In some cases, the motivation is to avoid the negative consequences of having lost-time accidents reported, while in other situations the goal is to keep insurance premiums down. Fortunately, you have a right to file a claim for workers' compensation or personal injury and should not let threats of retaliation prevent you from moving forward.

Under certain circumstances, you may even be able to claim monetary damages if your employer fires or demotes you as punishment for filing an injury claim. Our Houston industrial accident attorney can guide you through the process and take action to safeguard your personal interests and your rights.

7. Why should I choose The Daspit Law Firm?

John Daspit has spent several thousands of hours working on high-profile litigation, including cases involving industrial accidents and plant explosions. Attorney Daspit treats every case he represents as though it were his own and works tirelessly to recover fair compensation for his clients. Contact us now to discuss your case and learn more about the strategies we can use to fight for you.

Call (888) 273-1045 for a Free Consultation Today!

Just a Few Reasons to
Choose The Daspit Law Firm

  • We Get to Know Clients on a Personal Level
  • There Are No Legal Fees Unless We Win Your Case
  • We Make Home and Hospital Visits for Clients
  • Our Firm Offers Free and Confidential Case Reviews
  • We're Available 24/7, At Night and On Weekends

What Our
Clients Are Saying

  • Evan and team really took care of me at Daspit Law!

    “I had zero idea what I was getting into. Thankfully Evan sat down with me and went over everything in detail. He made everything so easy!”

    Julian C.

  • This is the best law practice in the whole world!

    “They made it so easy for me and my wife to get back our lives after my accident.”

    Thomas L.

  • I had nearly given up if it wasn't for the persistence and support provided at Daspit Law Firm.

    “An eye for detail, and their diligent effort resulted in everything we had hoped for. Want to thank the entire team again, for helping my family and going the extra mile to prove our case.”

    Micalita S.

  • Corey did a good job with everything from start to finish.

    “I was referred to Daspit Law and worked with Corey. Corey did a good job with everything from start to finish. I would definitely use Corey again.”

    Leslie N.

  • Mr. Grinsfelder at Daspit Law firm took good care of me.

    “I am very happy I called Daspit Law and worked with Mr Grinsfelder. God bless you!”

    Victor M.