Click for live chat!

How Many Injury Claims Go to Court?

rest easy...

you've come to the right firm

We're Available 24/7
Call: (281) 748-2044
Contact Us Now To Get Your Free Consultation!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form

Millions of people suffer injuries caused by another person’s negligence, whether in a car accident, workplace accident, or even defective product accidents. If you were injured in an accident caused by another person’s carelessness, you could file a personal injury claim to get the compensation you deserve. However, some cases may result in lengthy litigations that can lead to court proceedings. Our Texas personal injury attorneys explain how many injury claims go to court.

Settlement vs. Trials

U.S. Government statistics show that about 5% of personal injury cases go to trial, the other 95% are settled pretrial. Many cases are settled outside of the court because trials can drag out over the course of several years. In that timeframe, personal injury victims may experience the loss of a job and dire financial consequences due to all the bills they have to pay.

Another factor that contributes to few personal injury trials is investigations. In criminal cases, there is often a team investigating cases and are often ready to present them to the court in a matter of months (depending on the case). However, with personal injury cases, there is often only one person assigned to investigate. The person must investigate the injuries, the accident itself, witness statements, and the circumstances that caused the accident. It may take up to six months or more to get all this work done.

However, it is important to note that some personal injury cases can go to court. For such a reason, it is vital to hire an experienced trial attorney who will properly defend your case if your case goes to trial. Our team at Daspit Law Firm has years of experience helping clients with even the most complex personal injury cases that have often resulted in trials. We are ready to help you obtain the best possible results for your case.

Contact our Texas personal injury attorneys today at (888) 273-1045 to schedule a consultation!

We Take Your Fight As Far As It Needs To Go

All too often, accident victims are steamrolled by insurance companies determined to minimize or deny their claims. Don't let this happen to you. Hire us to fight for the compensation you deserve.

contact us
see all the team

Past Blogs

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form

At The Daspit Law Firm, Our Team of Attorneys Handles the Full Range of Personal Injury Cases, Including Car and Truck Accidents, Industrial Accidents, Construction Accidents, Maritime & Offshore Accidents, and Much More.


Toll Free Number

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

© 2022 All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy, Accessibility, Legal Disclaimer