Click for live chat!

Are Car Accidents Always Caused by a Driver?

rest easy...

you've come to the right firm

We're Available 24/7
Call: (281) 748-2044
Contact Us Now To Get Your Free Consultation!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form

Negligent drivers are a common cause of car accidents. A study by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that 94 percent of car accidents occur because of drivers. But what about the other 6 percent?

The remaining 6 percent of car accidents happen because of circumstances that drivers can’t control.

Hazardous Roads

Bad roads can cause bad accidents. A pothole can damage a vehicle’s suspension and shocks, and tires can take damage as well. Most importantly, a pothole can cause a driver to lose control of the car. This is relatively easy to avoid during the daytime, but nighttime driving puts the driver at risk.

Sudden drop-offs are another cause of car accidents. A drop-off occurs when the pavement or shoulder of a road suddenly drops in elevation. This condition occurs when a road is resurfaced but the shoulder height is left the same.

These drop-offs are dangerous for all drivers, but motorcycles, small cars, and vehicles pulling other objects are the most at risk.

Inclement Weather

Bad weather can make driving unpleasant and dangerous. Something as simple as a downpour of rain can make roads slick and decrease visibility. Wind-blown debris can impact a driver’s visibility or cause windshield damage. Both of these incidents can lead to accidents.

Wet or icy roads can cause tires to lose traction and spiral out of control. Black ice is especially dangerous to drivers because it’s practically invisible. Glare from the sun is another cause of car accidents.

It’s generally a good idea to stay off the road during inclement weather. But staying home isn’t always an option. People have to get to and from work, pick kids up from school, and perform other tasks. If a driver simply must drive during inclement weather, the best solution is to be extra vigilant.

Contact a Houston Attorney Today

Were you in a car accident? You might have cause to file a claim for compensation. Contact the Daspit Law Firm today to speak with a professional personal injury lawyer.

We Take Your Fight As Far As It Needs To Go

All too often, accident victims are steamrolled by insurance companies determined to minimize or deny their claims. Don't let this happen to you. Hire us to fight for the compensation you deserve.

contact us
see all the team

Past Blogs

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form

At The Daspit Law Firm, Our Team of Attorneys Handles the Full Range of Personal Injury Cases, Including Car and Truck Accidents, Industrial Accidents, Construction Accidents, Maritime & Offshore Accidents, and Much More.


Toll Free Number

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

© 2022 All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy, Accessibility, Legal Disclaimer