Blue Bell Listeria Lawsuits
Call For a FREE Consultation: (888) 273-1045
Blue Bell Creameries - the manufacturer of Blue Bell brand ice cream - has become the center of a national controversy after several of its products tested positive for the presence of listeria monocytogenes, a bacteria that can cause illness and death. Blue Bell products have also been linked to listeria-related illnesses in 23 states, including several in Texas, as well as multiple deaths.
Affected products include:
- Ice cream
- Frozen yogurt
- Frozen snacks
Officials from the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) are advising consumers to not eat any Blue Bell products and to throw away or return any products they may have in their homes.
The Daspit Law Firm is currently reviewing cases from victims who became ill after eating Blue Bell ice cream or other Blue Bell products - as well as families who have lost loved ones as a result of listeria contamination. Our legal team is offering FREE case reviews to victims throughout Texas.
Why Choose The Daspit Law Firm?
- No Up-Front Fees - If We Don’t Win, You Don’t Pay
- Personalized Service - Home & Hospital Visits Available
- Available 24/7 - FREE Case Reviews
- Decades of Legal Experience
What is Listeria?
Listeria is a type of bacteria that can cause listeriosis, an infection caused by eating contaminated food. In most individuals, listeria can cause short-term symptoms that include fever, headaches, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and cramping, and back pain.
Listeria can cause more serious and even fatal side effects in young children, elderly individuals, and others who have weakened immune systems. Listeria can also cause complications during pregnancy.
Blue Bell Listeria Contamination
On April 20, 2015, Texas-based Blue Bell Creameries recalled all of its products amid concerns about listeria contamination. Federal officials are urging consumers not to eat any recalled products, and to return or throw them away immediately.
According to the FDA, recalled products include all ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet, and frozen snacks in 23 states where they are currently marketed.
If you believe that you became ill after eating Blue Bell products or had loved ones who suffered harm, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. The Daspit Law Firm is ready to hear about your case, particularly if it involves:
- Serious illness or hospitalization
- Pregnancy complications
- Miscarriage or stillbirth
- Wrongful death
What You Need to Know About the Blue Bell Recall
The Daspit Law Firm is encouraging residents throughout Texas and other states where Blue Bell products are marketed to be aware of the recall and to keep the following in mind:
- Know the symptoms - Common symptoms of listeria infection (listeriosis) resemble flu symptoms and can include fever, headaches, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting.
- Know who is most as risk - Symptoms are more severe and concerning for young children, elderly individuals, and people with weakened immune systems. Listeria can also cause complications - including miscarriage and stillbirth - in pregnant women.
- Protect Yourself - Do not consume any Blue Bell products and be sure to throw away or return any Blue Bell products you may have in your freezer.
Call Today to Learn More About Your Rights
The Daspit Law Firm is ready to help victims and families who have been harmed by dangerous products. To learn more about your right to compensation and how our personal injury lawyers may be able to help you file a claim, contact our firm today for a FREE consultation.