June is National Safety Month, and The Daspit Law Firm is observing this important month-long awareness campaign by doing our part to educate clients and local residents about important safety issues. As personal injury lawyers who serve victims and families throughout Texas from multiple office locations, we have seen all types of accidents, as well as the profound damages and setbacks they can create. To help remind everyone that safety should always be a priority, we wanted to touch on a few important topics highlighted by the National Safety Council.
This month, the National Safety Council is raising awareness about four separate and distinct safety topics. These include:
- Emergency Preparedness – Emergency Preparedness can take many forms, whether it is at the home, the workplace, or anywhere you’ll be. As recommended by the National Safety Council, everyone should have a plan for the unexpected, including plans for natural disasters like storms, flooding, tornados, and more. You should also have plans in place for home fires, including when and how to get out of the house and where to meet with your family. You can find further information about implementing these plans on the National Safety Council website.
- Wellness – General wellness is critical to everyone’s safety, and to avoiding a number of preventable accidents. Overall health and prevention begins with health habits, including regular doctor’s appointments, exercise, and healthy eating. It also includes getting enough sleep. Fatigue is chronic in the U.S., and it leads to millions of accidents every year, including drowsy driving car accidents. In fact, the NSC reports that driving drowsy is just as dangerous as driving drunk!
- Falls – Falls are a leading cause of preventable injury in the U.S., especially among workers, the elderly, and children. Protecting yourself from falls, means taking preventable measures to ensure workplace safety and safe conditions around the home.
- Driving – Motor vehicle accidents remain one of the leading causes of death in the U.S., as well as serious injuries. Remember that anytime you get behind the wheel, you have a legal duty to safely conduct yourself and avoid behaviors that increase risks of accidents, including traffic law violations, drunk driving, distracted driving, and more. Make safety a priority behind the wheel, and always be vigilant and aware of your surroundings.
The National Safety Council has ample information on these topics you can access online. In addition, our legal team has provided helpful safety tips for a variety of topics throughout the years. You can view some of these blogs below:
- 5 Safe Driving Tips for the Holiday Travel Season
- Tips for Driving Safely in the Rain
- Tips for Avoiding Crashes at Night
- Fourth of July Safety Tips
- 9 Motorcycle Safety Tips
- Tips for Children’s Toy Safety
Injured in an Accident? The Daspit Law Firm Can Help!
While some accidents are the result of our own mistakes, others are caused by the negligent and careless conduct of others. When another person or entity causes your accident and injuries, you may have the right to explore options for pursing a personal injury case, which can help you obtain compensation for things like medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
At The Daspit Law Firm, our Houston personal injury lawyers are dedicated to protecting the rights of victims and families following all types of preventable accidents. Take a look at the cases we handle, or contact us today to speak personally with a member of our team about your rights and how we may be able to help you. We’re available 24/7!