Frank Wathen has been trying personal injury cases for more than 25 years and is Board-Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Less than 10% of all attorneys practicing in Texas have achieved recognition as board-certified.
Frank received his undergraduate degree with honors from Southern Methodist University and his law degree from the University of Texas at Austin. During law school, Frank achieved success in mock trial and moot court competitions and soon realized that he had a passion for the courtroom. Frank also served as Note and Comment Editor of the American Journal of Criminal Law.
Frank has successfully tried or resolved for his clients a wide variety of personal injury and wrongful death cases, including automobile and trucking accidents, products liability, medical malpractice, defective medical devices, construction injuries, workplace accidents, premises liability, aviation, and mesothelioma/asbestos-related diseases. A licensed private pilot, Frank also has served as lead counsel in air crash litigation.
Before joining Daspit Law Firm, Frank worked as a trial lawyer at nationally recognized trial firms. Frank has represented clients throughout the United States and has prosecuted cases from coast to coast. His determination and hard work have resulted in combined settlements and awards of tens of millions of dollars on behalf of his clients.
When he is not working, Frank enjoys spending time with his wife and their three children.
- Southern Methodist University
- University of Texas School of Law
- State Bar of Texas
- Board-Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Association for Justice
- Houston Bar Association
- Licensed Private Pilot